Steel Dog¨ Coil-StudsTM provide low-cost attachment points for coil hardware-based form ties onto steel structures. Typical application: one-sided forming against soldier piles or sheet piling.
- Extremely fast installation with standard stud welding equipment
- Approximately 1/4 the cost of angle weld bracket
- Swivel loop coil tie end to accommodate misalignment between stud placement and formwork tie location.
- Accepts standard ½”coil rod or ½”-13 NC rod (SCS-4NC)
- Can be manually welded to head
Bolt is ASTM A108 low carbon steel. Swivel loop wire is AISI C1038.
4500 Lbs. (2-to-1 safety factor). Actual Safe Working Load will depend on strength of field weld and is the responsibility of the user.
- Base metal surface must be clean and dry. Remove rust, paint, oil, etc.
- Ferrules must be dry
- Do not weld if base metal temperature is below 0 deg F
- Ensure good ground connection to base metal
- Consult welding equipment manufacturer's literature for recommended weld settings for 3/4" steel studs welded to steel
- Adjust stud gun to accommodate Coil-Stud so that swivel coil loop does not impede free and full movement of stud during welding
- Studs must be welded perpendicular to surface only
- There should be a full 360 deg weld fillet around stud. Reject any studs with a partial weld or undercut.
- After setting up welder, test at least two Coil-StudsTM before further welding. Bend at least 30 degrees from initial position with hammer or bending tool. Repeat bend test every 1/2 hour, or after any change in weld settings, operator, or any other welding conditions.